Pupil Premium 2017-2018
(Updated September 2017)
Students eligible to receive this funding are in four groups:
- Students entitled to free school meals (FSM),
- Students that have been entitled to FSM during the last six years (Ever6),
- Children in care or looked after (CLA)
- Services children.
The Government believes that the pupil premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between disadvantaged children and their wealthier / more advantaged peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
Our records show that the intervention programmes have been successful and that we are closing the gap between students in this cohort and others in the school in the following areas: attendance, punctuality, behaviour incidents, exclusions, attainment and achievement.
How To Register For Free School Meals Entitlement
You can register for Free School Meals if you get any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance – Income Based
- Employment and Support Allowance – Income Related
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
For more information on Free School Meals, simply click here and complete the simple online form. If you require support completing your application, please contact your child’s Pastoral Support Manager.
For more information please click the links below.