GCSE Results 2017
We are celebrating another year of good results with some outstanding outcomes for students and departments. The students, staff, and parents worked extremely hard this year and we are incredibly proud of their achievements.
This year saw the introduction of the more rigorous and challenging GCSE (9 – 1) qualifications in English Language, English Literature and mathematics. With all of these changes we are particularly pleased with the outcomes in English and mathematics from our students’ starting points’.
Grade 9 Highest grade available
Grade 7 Equivalent to an old A grade
Grade 4 Equivalent to old C grade
Grade 5 New grade that equates to a high C grade, low B grade
- 73% of students achieved grades 9 – 4 in GCSE English Language
- 81% of students achieved grades 9 – 4 in GCSE English Literature
- 84% of students achieved grades 9 – 4 in one of their GCSE English qualifications
- 50% of students achieved grades 9 – 5 in GCSE English Language
- 59% of students achieved grades 9 – 5 in GCSE English Literature
- 63% of students achieved grades 9 – 5 in one of their GCSE English qualifications
- 64% of students achieved grades 9 – 4 in GCSE mathematics
- 38% of students achieved grades 9 – 5 in GCSE mathematics
- 10 grade 9’s were achieved in either maths or English (only 3% of the students nationally achieved this coveted new qualification)
62% of students achieved grades 9 – 4 in both English and mathematics, whilst 36% achieved English and maths at grades
9 – 5.
Progress 8 score -0.12. This places the school in the average progress 8 score category, inline with about 40% of schools in England.
Attainment 8 score 41.9
English Baccalaureate (EBACC) 5%. The percentage of students who gained a GCSE grade C in 2 sciences, a modern foreign language, a history or geography as well as grade 5 or better in English and maths.
95% of students continued in education or training, or moved onto employment at the end of 16 to 19 study. (Students who completed KS4 in 2015, which is most recent data available).
Particular congratulations to Karris McGonigle and Sarah Hilsdon who achieved a grade 9 in both GCSE English and mathematics.
For further information on the schools achievement and attainment please visit the Department for Education using the link below and entering the school's details.