GCSE Computer Science Master Classes
GCSE Computer Science Master Classes are scheduled to run from August 15th to August 19th from 10am to 4pm. The most important theory topics have been condensed into a 5-day intensive course. The sessions will take place on Microsoft Teams.
Topics covered include:
- Systems architecture - Architecture of the CPU
- Computer networks, connections, and protocols
- CPU Performance - Networks and topologies
- Embedded Systems - Wired and wireless networks, protocols and layers
- Network security - Threats to computer systems and networks
- Primary storage (Memory) - Secondary storage
- Units - Systems software
- Data storage - Operating systems
- Compression - Utility software
- Identifying and preventing vulnerabilities
- Ethical, legal, cultural and environmental impacts of digital technology
Students have been emailed how to join.