GCSE Results Some Of The Best Lealands' Students Have Achieved!
The Lealands High School Class of 2022 deserve to be very proud of their GCSE, BTEC and VCert grades!
They were the first year group in 3 years to sit external examinations, and they more than rose to the challenge! We are delighted that their grades reflect their ability and work ethic. The year group achieved the highest Attainment 8 score since the 9-1 GCSEs were introduced. Their Attainment 8 score was in line with the previous two CAGs and TAGs scores, and well above the 2019 score demonstrating the significant improvements at the school.
- 55% of students achieved at least 5 grades 9-4 including English and mathematics.
- 34% of students achieved at least 5 grades 9-5 including English and mathematics.
- 63% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both GCSE English and mathematics.
- 37% of students achieved grades 9-5 in both GCSE English and mathematics.
- 78% of students achieved grades 9-4 in GCSE English.
- 60% of students achieved grades 9-5 in GCSE English.
- 75% of students achieved grades 9-5 in GCSE Spanish.
Overall, 260 grade 9-7s were achieved by this year’s students, which is record breaking!
Special congratulations go to:
- Thaksha who achieved 5 grade 9s, including mathematics, further mathematics, biology, chemistry and physics, 4 grade 8s and a Level 2 Distinction* (the top possible grade in the course).
- Uththaka who achieved 4 grade 9s, 4 grade 8s, a Level 2 Distinction* and a Level 2 Distinction.
- Sarah who achieved 3 grade 9s, including mathematics and double science, 5 grade 8s and a Level 2 Distinction*
- Kimathi who achieved 3 grade 9s, 4 grade 8s and a Level 2 Distinction.
- George, Tija, Jahedi, Callum and Leena who all made exceptional progress.
Mr Burridge, Headteacher, said, "It was so wonderful to witness the joy and happiness of our students receiving their GCSE grades after such challenging times. Students and staff have worked so hard and their efforts have absolutely paid off with fantastic results. This year's results are some of the best Lealands' students have achieved and we are so proud of them. Their success is very well deserved and we wish them continued success in the future."