Photography & Marketing Activities
Throughout the school year we take photographs and multimedia (video, DVDs etc) of our students and their work to celebrate their achievements and successes.
These are mainly used to show examples of good practice around the school but sometimes we really enjoy sharing our success with the community through the local press, our website, our official Facebook and Twitter pages, Instagram and also our newsletter, Lealands News.
Please be assured that these photos/videos are only used for the purpose of positive promotion.
The school has a highly active website, social media accounts and relationship with the local press where we celebrate student achievement and celebrate the school using photographs which allows the community to share our success.
The students really do enjoy seeing their photos on display and in Lealands News and as a school we ensure we safeguard our students whilst being able to document their successes.
To do this we like to ensure that any pictures or videos we use publicly, especially on our website and social media accounts, meet many or all of the following criteria;
- Avoid using the full names of students in captions.
- Avoid any names if the picture could point to a specific location other than the school itself.
- The student is appropriately dressed in the correct school uniform
- There is parental consent for the photographs/videos to be taken and displayed using the data provided from you in your admissions pack.
- The student has given their own permission to use their picture and is aware of where it will be used.
It is highly important that parents/carers inform the school and our Marketing & Communications Administrator, Mrs Pittard, if you do not wish for your child’s photograph to be used in any digital or printed press or publications.
All parents/carers complete a film/video/photograph permission form as part of the admissions pack for Lealands High School. Any forms not returned will be considered as a refusal for the use of film, video or photographs.
If you have any concerns or questions surrounding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact the school.