GCSE Results 2019
This was the second year of the more rigorous and challenging GCSEs marked on the grade 9-1 scale. English and mathematics are in their third year of the 9-1 scale, which replaced A*-G scale.
- 59% of students achieved grades 9-4 in one of their GCSE English qualifications.
- 45% of students achieved grades 9-5 in one of their GCSE English qualifications.
- 53% of students achieved grades 9-4 in GCSE mathematics.
- 45% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both GCSE English and mathematics.
- 24% of students achieved grades 9-5 in both English and mathematics.
- 88% of students achieved grades 9-4 in Music.
Overall, 107 grade 9-7s were achieved by this year’s students.
Special congratulations go to:
- Nitin who achieved 4 grades 9s, including English and science and 3 grade 8s, including mathematics.
- Rhys who achieved grade 9s in both mathematics and science.
- Abigail who achieved a grade 9 in science and a grade 8 in English.
- Mahmood and Aaliyah who both made excellent progress.
Mr Burridge, Headteacher, said “We are immensely proud of the achievements of all our students this year. It is hugely challenging for students facing their GCSE examinations and it is, therefore, extremely pleasing to see them rewarded for their hard work and determination. The results achieved reflect the commitment and dedication of the students and staff and the on-going support of our parents. Myself and the staff at Lealands wish them every success in the future.”
For further information on the schools achievement and attainment please visit the Department for Education using the link below and entering the school's details.