GCSE Results 2018
This year saw the introduction of the more rigorous and challenging GCSEs (9-1) in most subjects. There are a number of pleasing results for both departments and students. Highlights include:
- 72% of students achieved grades 9-4 in one of her GCSE English qualifications.
- 56% of students achieved grades 9-5 in one of their GCSE English qualifications.
- 61% of students achieved grades 9-4 in GCSE mathematics.
- 57% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both GCSE English and mathematics.
- 30% of students achieved grades 9-5 in both English and mathematics.
- 100% of students achieved a pass in BTEC dance.
- 52% of students achieved a grade 9-7 in chemistry.
- 100% of students achieved a 9-4 in chemistry, biology, and physics.
Overall, 21 grade 9s were achieved by this year’s students. Particular congratulations to Washim Patwary Begum, who achieved 5 grade 9s and 3 grade 8s and Charlie Nelson, who achieved 5 grade 9s.
Mr Burridge, Headteacher, said ‘Our students are a credit to the school. They have worked exceptionally hard this year and thoroughly deserve their many successes. They will be missed tremendously for all they have contributed over the last five years. Myself and the staff at Lealands wish them every success in the future.’
For further information on the schools achievement and attainment please visit the Department for Education using the link below and entering the school's details.