At Lealands High School, we recognise that starting a new school is an exciting but challenging time for both students and parents. Therefore, to help ensure students transition smoothly, we work closely with our partner primary schools to ensure they are fully prepared to begin their journey through Lealands.
In October, we hold an Open Evening, where prospective parents and students are given the opportunity to visit our school, meet staff and students and take part in typical lessons at Lealands High School and activities.
Our transition activities begin in the Summer Term:
- All students will have an initial 2 hour introduction to Lealands, either at their current primary school or at Lealands.
- All students will be invited to a transition tutor evening with their parents.
- All students will be invited to take part in a PE transition event at Lealands.
- All students will be invited to a transition day at Lealands.
- SEND, pupil premium students and students with individual needs will be offered a range of extra activities depending upon their need. These may include; lunch visits, summer school, day trips to Dell Farm and individual meetings with parents/carers, relevant professionals and primary school staff.