Severe Weather Procedures
Occasionally during the year, particularly in Winter, we experience spells of very bad weather (e.g. snow). During these times we will always do our very best to keep the school open. However, there may be occasions that we have to make the decision to close based on:
- the safety and wellbeing of students and staff
- the number of teachers who are able to safely travel to school to determine if we have adequate numbers of teachers to take classes
- the severity of the weather, which impacts on whether the school grounds are safe for students, teachers and visitors
In the event that the school has to close, we will always endeavour to give as much notice as possible. The school will follow these procedures to notify parents/carers:
- Update the school website - a message will appear in red running across the top of the home screen, this should be your first point of reference.
- App Message* - parents/carers who have downloaded our MyED Parent App will receive a message directly to the app. *Please ensure you have your notifications turned on on your mobile device so you are notified as soon as the message comes through. Details about our Parent App can be found by clicking here.
- Text Message* - parents/carers who have not yet downloaded our MyED Parent App, will receive a text message. *Please ensure you inform us if any of your contact details change so we always have the most up to date information for you. Failure to do so may result in messages not being received.
- Social Media Updates - keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter pages for updates. If you would like to follow our social media pages, click here for further information about where you can find us.
- Inform Local Authority - The school will inform Luton Borough Council, who have a page dedicated to school closures. This can be found on their website at https://www.luton.gov.uk/seasonal/winter/Pages/School-closures.aspx